Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New toy

Well, no pics to share tonight as the camera once again has proven to be crap. I can't complain too much, as it was new. Though I'd love to find the actual power cord so I don't have to continue to rely upon the really crappy battery. I'll have to look for it this weekend when I actually have more time to do so. So far the painting is coming along well. I do need to sit down and really start detailing figs, but I've been so caught up with the new pieces from Pig Iron that I haven't even broken out the old figs yet to finish them up. Still I'm actually making progress on the guard. Something I can't say about the marines. The hell hammer is actually starting to look like it's going to be finished this month as well.

All in all it's been a good start and I just need to keep up the momentum.

Monday, November 2, 2009

a few detail shots of the cockpit, You can't see much, but there's a hint of the detail.

So I got started on the new digital camouflage scheme for my Valkyrie. Other than a few small errors from where the paint didn't fully dry when I put the camo strips on, and a few places where I over-brushed, it's looking pretty good. I definately need to get better lighting for the painting.

So far I've got put together 1 Valkyrie, 3 open topped sentinels, 1 armored sentinel, 1 hell hound, 2 chimera, 1 leman russ demolisher, and 1 leman russ. (Though I'm converting it to a vanquisher model)

The armored sentinel, the demolisher, and the armored sentinel are all magnetized so I can swap out for different weapon load outs. The Valkyrie is also magnetized, but I learned the hard way to double check your polarity on the magnets before finally gluing them in. Luckily it was only the multi laser that I can't use atm, but everything else is golden.