Saturday, September 25, 2010
So, once again I'm having to tinker with the camera to get it to work. One of these days when I actually am able to spare the cash, I'll have to go find a better one. So the pics I wanted to post are going to have to wait until I get the camera working or find a replacement one.
Friday, July 2, 2010
So I finish digging out the envelope, and Robz sent a surprise in the form of a gift certificate. Well, I was really impressed with the ships and despite the slight delay in communication initially, he really came through. I was going to order already but it looks like I'll be doing that sooner than later. He had thrown in two extra Sulaco's, evidently the mold had broke on them. One was the one that the mold tore on. With some patient cleaning, and some green stuff. Looks right as rain now.
All in all, the Sulaco's were excellent models with crisp lines, and fine detail. Though there was some flashing and resin they cleaned up very quickly. They're the perfect scale for cruisers with the Warlock.
I'll get some more pics up once I get them painted.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Here's some of the new miniatures I'm working on. Can't tell you just how pleased I am with the castings on these mini's. If you're into starships, I highly recommend Ravenstar's Cold Navy line, (he also makes a mean series of BSG style ships as well) http://ravenstarstudios.blogspot.com/ Chris has been spot on with communication, and though shipping was a little slow for my lack of patience, it was fast enough that I really had no complaints. Here's one of the battleships I received.
The Gan'Talak battleship. Comes in 5 pieces, basically the main body is all once piece and you have to glue on the tail fins at the back of the ship. I figure they're probably there more for radiators or something similar than simply for aesthetics. The casting was fairly clean on it, with minimal filing and flash. The resin makes for a really light weight ship. There were several small bubbles though ,and one large on down on the lower assembly right in the front. I had to apply some putty and green stuff to fix it up as best as my sculpting skil
ls would allow. This is the second scheme I applied on these ships. The first was Tan and Red, but it didn't seem to turn out on these particular models no matter how hard I tried to make it look right. The blue and yellow just seemed to flow on these models.
The second style of ships I have gotten so far arrived today. These are from Robz over at
So, it seems like most folks I have trouble keeping up on my blog. Well, here's the beginning of my efforts to correct that problem. So I've made a great deal of progress on my guard. Here's the long awaited pics on my Hellhammer
They're still a little out of date, but all I've done is add some more weathering to the treads with the new powders I've been trying.