Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New toy

Well, no pics to share tonight as the camera once again has proven to be crap. I can't complain too much, as it was new. Though I'd love to find the actual power cord so I don't have to continue to rely upon the really crappy battery. I'll have to look for it this weekend when I actually have more time to do so. So far the painting is coming along well. I do need to sit down and really start detailing figs, but I've been so caught up with the new pieces from Pig Iron that I haven't even broken out the old figs yet to finish them up. Still I'm actually making progress on the guard. Something I can't say about the marines. The hell hammer is actually starting to look like it's going to be finished this month as well.

All in all it's been a good start and I just need to keep up the momentum.

Monday, November 2, 2009

a few detail shots of the cockpit, You can't see much, but there's a hint of the detail.

So I got started on the new digital camouflage scheme for my Valkyrie. Other than a few small errors from where the paint didn't fully dry when I put the camo strips on, and a few places where I over-brushed, it's looking pretty good. I definately need to get better lighting for the painting.

So far I've got put together 1 Valkyrie, 3 open topped sentinels, 1 armored sentinel, 1 hell hound, 2 chimera, 1 leman russ demolisher, and 1 leman russ. (Though I'm converting it to a vanquisher model)

The armored sentinel, the demolisher, and the armored sentinel are all magnetized so I can swap out for different weapon load outs. The Valkyrie is also magnetized, but I learned the hard way to double check your polarity on the magnets before finally gluing them in. Luckily it was only the multi laser that I can't use atm, but everything else is golden.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

First post

Well, I'm going to be using this to document the Tanhauser 82nd assault army. It's my Imperial guard army for 40k.